Aug 6, 2009

John Hughes 1950-2009



John Hughes made some of the best comedy films in the 1980s. He created magical moments in Sweet Sixteen and Sixteen Candles. Made you laugh in Trains, Planes, and Automobiles and Uncle Buck. The Breakfast Club made you feel that is was OK to be awkward and unsure. And how cool was Weird Science! My all time favorite...Ferris Bueller's Day Off! It felt like you took the day off and played hooky with Ferris.

His films were a huge part of my teenage life. He captured the teen and pre-teen market so perfectly...Thank You John Hughes!



2 comments:

  1. I'd also like to say thank you to John Hughes for giving us Jake Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.I.P John Hughes..and thank you for making the 80's so damn cool!! Uncle Buck was flippin hilarious!! hope you and my fav John Candy are up there doing shots of tequila!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails